Website Manager

SUNRISE SOCCER CLUB

Board Meeting Minutes

Board Meeting SSC 9/3/2019 @ 6:45pm

Discussed the incident on Opening Day 8/10/2019 at C Bar C Park.

Conclusion of email from 
ARYSL President 
 *PAD procedure & deliver the punishment/no punishment board needs to agree. Make sure "rules" back it up.

In PAD "rules" specific rules 
2.07.01 Disciplinary Decisions 
Protests, Appeals and Disciplinary Committees shall act on all disciplinary matters and shall have discretionary powers in determining disciplinary action applied to spectators recommended CYSA minimum of penalties will be used as guidelines for violations pending on the findings of the PAD committee. Penalties may be increased according to the gravity of the violations. Reasons for increases must be documented in the official record of the PAD committee.

2.07.02 CYSA minimum penalties
A. Serious Foul Play
-Examples  Include, but are not limited to, unlawfully charging or pushing an opponent denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity intentionally tripping, holding pushing unlawfully charging or tackling an opponent from behind or charging in a dangerous and violent manner.

Amended by laws 9/3/2019
Voted:Approved 

Any spectators entering the soccer field is prohibited at all times unless approved by referee/official. Spectators entering in a dangerous and/or aggressive manner will be suspended a minimum of (2) games pending a board review.

Writing up a code of conduct printing that out and have parents sign it.

Setting up a educational program for U6 and U8 (1st year coaches)
-coaches letting the parents know the rules about entering the field on game time.
Experienced coaches coming to help with questions of coaching younger ages 4-7. 
Will need to set up a day/evening.

Heather-Team Parent
Talked about the Razorpix photographer.  The pros and cons of this year.
The total cost this 2019 season.

Heather discussing with the board about signing a contract for next season August 2020. Discussed about getting a team picture and individual players all in one and give it to the head coach.

Voted on Sunrise Soccer Club signing the contract with Razorpix photography for next season 2020.
Voted- Approved 

Game cards-
Handed out game cards to the board member coaches tonight. Junior has the rest of the game cards. See Junior if in need of more.

Andrew-Manager 
Addressed concerns with emails going out.
Discussed the importance of reading ALL EMAILS and a response if needed from board members or individual emails from parents and coaches.

 Erich-Website Coordinator 
Needing to see what position you have and either having an assistant or getting one of the board members to help.

Brittany- Event Coordinator/Publicist 
Will be focusing on Event planning only
Publicist will go to Erich since he is already the Website Coordinator. 

Brittany is leaving for a week or so.
Discussed as a board to have each head coach talk to parents about Sac Republic tickets that are available and they can go through you instead of Brittany. Brittany can meet the coaches on one or two days when she gets back and get the money and you can recieve the tickets to give to your parents.

Unsure:
Please let me know if we can just email the parents the tickets. It would be easier.
Wasn't sure how the coaches would get them to their parents.

Andrew, Junior, Sarah
Coaches not cleared
We have a list and still working on getting those parents cleared.

Andrew- Manager
Discussed sending emails out on your own. Please don't send an email when it doesn't pertain to you.

Example: 
Email sent to Dave. 
Dave didn't send a reply Debbie did. 

Heather-Team Parent
Medals from Wilson?? Not sure the company name???
Sunrise players will be getting the 3in width medal. At the end of the season.
Voted: Approved

No scheduled board meeting. TBD


Adjourned @ 8:40pm.

Attendees:
Andrew Williams 
Junior Sanchez
Jevon Webster
Aaron Adams
Brittany Johnson
Laura Smith 
Dave Carpenter 
Ian Hernandez
Erich Rech
Heather Forrester
Sarah Carpenter 
Debbie Carpenter 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunrise Soccer Club

Board Meeting – 8/6/19

Minutes

 

Meeting came to order at 7:11 pm


In attendance was: Andrew Williams-Manager, Jr. Sanchez – Assistant Manager/Coach Coordinator, Jevon Webster-Assistant Referee Coordinator, Brittany Johnson-Event Coordinator, David Carpenter-Field/Equipment Manager,  Sarah Carpenter-Registrar, Debbie Carpenter-Secretary, and Laura Smith-Assistant Event Coordinator


Andrew brought up talks about possibly going to CVYSL next year – Andrew going to meeting and will let us know when the meeting is.


Send email to new Photographer with all the teams and their new names.


Sarah was asked to email blast families about pictures and to make sure to cc the photographer as well.


Brittany discussed the donations she is getting for the raffles.


It was brought up about possibly having a dunk tank at next year’s Opening Day.


Put to vote was giving Brittany permission to use Quick Books to take money for Sac Republic tickets – all voted in favor.


David discussed having the U6 and U8 teams have short mini games on Opening Day – all were in favor of this.  Games would consist of 2 10 minute halves.


Andrew said the first official game for the season would be on August 24th.


Laura talking to State Farm about being a sponsor for the league.


Discussed next board meeting – Tuesday September 17th 6:30 at Godfathers.


Meeting adjourned at 9:00 p.m.

 


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunrise Soccer Club
Board Meeting – 7/8/19


Minutes


Meeting came to order at 6:51 pm
In attendance was: Andrew Williams-Manager, Jr. Sanchez – Assistant Manager/Coach Coordinator,
Jevon Webster-Assistant Referee Coordinator, Aaron Adams-Treasurer, Brittany Johnson-Event
Coordinator, David Carpenter-Field/Equipment Manager, Erich Rech-Webmaster, Sarah Carpenter-
Registrar, Debbie Carpenter-Secretary, Ian Hernandez-Assistant Field/Equipment Coordinator and
Laura Smith-Assistant Event Coordinator

Andrew brought up talks about doing San Park next year. To late this year
Debbie discussed the coach’s binders and what all is inside of them – notes, field locations, medical
waivers for all players, new ref rules, rosters, flyers for upcoming events, etc.

David talked about possibly putting another half field on C Bar C for practices.

Erich put to vote on using the new company for our website – all voted NO

Discussed Coaches Clinic coming up on July 27th, times, and about having Sarah put out an email
blast reminding all coaches.

Andrew mentioned the Premika is stepping down as Coach Coordinator and that Jr. will step in as
new Coaching Coordinator.

Andrew said to encourage all coaches to get their licenses.

Coaches are now mandated to report suspected child abuse and there is a video and questionnaire
that each coach is now required to do online.

Opening day – there will be no bounce house just obstacle courses.

The league made $65.00 from the Dos Coyotes Dine-to-Donate fundraiser in June.

Next fundraiser is the Texas Roadhouse on 7/9 – no flyer needed, just mention to your
waiter/waitress that you are there for Sunrise Soccer.

David discussed having the U6 and U8 teams have short mini games on Opening Day – all were in
favor of this. Games would consist of 2 10 minute halves.

Andrew asked Sarah to do email blasts about the U12 girls and boys needing coaches and about the
Texas Roadhouse fundraiser.

Discussed next board meeting – Tuesday August 6th 6:30 at Godfathers.

Meeting adjourned at 8:30 p.m.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunrise Soccer Club

Board Meeting 4/9/19

Minutes

Meeting called to order at 6:47 p.m.


In attendance:  Andrew Williams-Manager, Junior Sanchez-Assistant Manager/Assistant Coach Coordinator, Jevon Webster-Assistant Referee Coordinator, Aaron Adams-Treasurer, Brittany Johnson-Event Coordinator, Laura Smith-Assistant Event Coordinator, David Carpenter-Field and Equipment Manager, Ian Hernandez-Assistant Field/Equipment Coordinator, Erich Rech-Webmaster, Heather Forrester-Team Parent Coordinator, Sarah Carpenter-Registrar, Debbie Carpenter-Secretary and Premika Mishra-Coach Coordinator


Andrew informed board that San Juan park would not be done this soccer season.


Andrew stated that him an Kathy would be attending a Ref meeting on 4/28


Sarah discussed how registration is going and that there were a few scholarships for players that needed to be voted on.  At the time we have 172 players and 20 coaches signed up.  All voted on and were accepted with stipulations as to not abuse it in following years.


David talked about getting rid of the extra goals at Cbar C, all voted on and agreed to have them scrapped and look into new goals to replace.


Brittany brought a number of items to the meeting that needed to be voted on:

1.       Should we do a dine to donate at Texas Road House – voted on Yes and date will be on 7/9 and e receive 20% of proceeds that night.

2.       Should we do a dine to donate at Dos Coyotes – voted on Yes and date will be on June 4th.

3.       Should we sell God Father’s pizza cards, we buy for a $1.00 and then sell for $10.00.  On card is 5 buy 1 get one on pizzas and buy 5 get one free salad bars – Brittany to look into it more and see if there is  a minimum for us to purchase.

4.       Should we have Rich’s Ice Cream at Opening Day – voted on Yes

5.       Should we have Krispy Kreme Donuts available to sell on Opening Day – voted on Yes

6.       Having Maui Wowi Smoothies at Opening Day – voted on Yes


Heather brought to the table more info from prior years - digital image would be $30.00 and be player only, if parents spend $35.00 or more then the digital would be $15.00.  There would be a minimum order of !5.00 in order to get the memory mate free.


Heather brought to the table a new photographer – Tony from Razorpix – looking into him being able to do all photography on Opening Day, and does he have flyers for parents. Went to vote and all voted on using the new photographer.


Heather also talked about coaches shirts/visors.  New coaches can get a shirt, and returning can either get  new shirt or get a visor.  U6 and U8 teams can have 1 coach and 3 assistant coaches, and U10 and above 1 coach and 2 assistant coaches.


Brittany brought up about painting the container and C Bar C.  She looked into it and got quotes for it to be painted a solid color and then some soccer design on top of that.  Price was $500 with painting it solid with design – all voted – Yes


Texas roadhouse came over and discussed how the fundraiser would work.  They bring all the food and do all the cooking.  As a club we would need to have volunteers to help with the traffic, tickets, baggers so roughly 9 volunteers.  They are asking that we sell at least 50 meals to have fee waived for them to come out.  We would be selling adult meals for $15.00 and kid’s meals for $5.00.  Adult meals would consist of 6 oz pulled pork and an 8 oz chicken breast, coleslaw, corn bread/butter and a drink, and the kid’s meal would be a hot dog, apple sauce and drink.  We as a club collect all the money and at the end of the event that day we pay them and the rest is the profit the club keeps.  They would also have up to 25 extra meals to sell that day for people who didn’t purchase a ticket in advance.  Prizes would be:  The jacket raffle – 1 raffle ticket to each player that sells at least 1 ticket.  Free team meal – for the team that sells the most would be given a team dinner at Texas Roadhouse for the players – 50 ticket minimum to be sold.  Disneyland – for the player selling the most would receive a trip to Disneyland – 30 ticket minimum to be sold.  This was all brought to vote and it was voted on Yes.


Andrew then talked about the possibly of Sunrise Soccer Club having a comp team.  Coach Tim Spencer has been discussing it with Andrew and he will let Andrew know if he is going to go through this.


Discussed and voted on next date for board meeting – Tuesday May 7th to be held at Dos Coyotes – Debbie to look into that at 6:30.  They are located on Sunrise near Madison Ave near the Smart and Final.


Meeting adjourned at 9:00

 

 


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunrise Soccer Club

Board Meeting – 3/12/19

Minutes

 

Meeting came to order at 6:48


In attendance: Andrew Williams-Manager, Jevon Webster-Assistant Referee Coordinator, Aaron Adams-Treasurer, Brittany Johnson-Event Coordinator, Laura Smith-Assistant Event Coordinator, David Carpenter-Field and Equipment Manager, Ian Hernandez-Assistant Field/Equipment Coordinator, Erich Rech-Webmaster, Sarah Carpenter-Registrar Debbie Carpenter-Secretary, and Premika Mishra-Coach Coordinator


AGM meeting update – there is still no definite answer if the league will be doing a seating tournament this year.


San Juan Park – still no update if fields will be redone for this soccer season.


Opening Day has been voted on and approved:  it will be on Saturday August 10th at Tempo Park.


Andrew let everyone know that fees to District 6 are being decreased and that no fees from the league will be given to ARYSL this year.  Reduction in fees will take affect in the 2020 soccer season.


Andrew will be going to the Fair Oaks meeting to find out more about US Club with the understanding that we may join US Club for the 2020 season.


Andrew discussed the local clubs and stated that Citrus Heights/Antelope/North Highlands has a Spring League which plays 8 games running from March through May.  Fees for teams are U6 and U8: $225 per team, U10: $275 per team, U12: $325 per team, U14: $350 per team.  Games are played at La Sierra soccer fields on Engle Ave.


Andrew also notified the board that Orangevale is bringing back their U6 and U8 teams to play with us and Fair Oaks.


Andrew also said that he is anticipating a larger registration this year with parents of Orangevale and Sierra not happy with merging with Folsom and also with the possible dissolve of Citrus Heights Soccer league after the 2019 or 2020 soccer seasons.


Dave notified the club that Sunrise Park and Rec would be increasing their fees for 2020 soccer season for field use.


Update on Registration – Sarah reported that the first in person registration went great.  Thanks to the board members for helping out:  David, Debbie, Lilia, Ian, Junior, Brittney, Aaron and Heather.  She also stated that she doesn’t think that she will need so many board members at each registration.  She said that 6 should work – 4 to help with the tablets, then her and Aaron for the money portion.  She thought that if the board members staggered shifts that day having 6 at a time would work.


Banners – Brittany put to a vote on approving the design and the amount to order.  Board voted and approved to have her order 6 banners.


Discussed was putting together binders to hand out to the coaches.  Items that would be put in the binders would be:  Copy of current roster, Park District permit for field usage, copies of players registration showing medical waiver and emergency contacts, copy of board contacts, field locations, rules and best practices.  Debbie volunteered to put these together with getting certain handouts from Premika.


Dave let Aaron know that we need to get a copy of current insurance paperwork for Park and Rec.  Dave will get an example from Todd at Park and Rec and give to Aaron to make sure that we get exactly was is needed.


Brittany updated the Board on the Sac Republic tickets.  We will be keeping the hard ticket sales this year and then Sac Republic is looking to do an app for all to download to get tickets that way.  The board will look into how that works and what it entails.  Also stated that their will be tickets for sale at the next in person registration in April and an email will be send out to all stating that we will have them at registration. 


Discussed was a few questions that were coming from coaches about having their player play free if they are a coach.  If a head coach is returning for their second year or beyond, then they are allowed to have 1 of their children play free.


Brittney is still looking into the Sac Republic holding their coach’s clinic with Sunrise on either Saturday July 27th or Saturday August 3rd.


Heather was unable to make meeting and she emailed a few questions to be discussed.  Her questions included possibly getting something different for returning coaches instead of another shirt.  Ideas included hat/visor or shorts.  Board discussed maybe the possibility of getting sunglasses stating that coaches probably wouldn’t wear shorts.  Another question was about how many shirts should be given.  Board voted and approved that there should be 1 Head Coach shirt and no more than 3 Assistant Coach shirts per team. Those would be only given if the coach or coaches were cleared.  Another idea from the board was possibly making the shirts a different color, like the shirts be yellow with the blue logo – those could possibly be the Assistant Coach shirts.  Another idea was thrown out there was to have the shirts say “Head Coach” on blue shirt and then “Coach” on yellow shirt.


Andrew asking that Heather could look into other Photographers to see what they offer.


Other questions regarding the photographer that were discussed and having Heather look into – How many pictures would come with the digital package?  How would the digital copy be given:  CD or email?  Also discuss with photographer:  What would it take from the league in order to drop the CD cost down to about $15 - $20 each.  Could there be a sitting fee per player – paid by the league, flat fee paid by the league to photographer, memory mate paid by the league or sponsor, no packages offered by photographer except memory mate, these were some of the questions brought up.


Discussed and approved next board meeting to be held on Tuesday April 9th at 6:30 – location TBD.  Debbie checking into other locations such as Olive Garden, Crepes & Burgers, Nations, Chili’s, Red Robin or Dos Coyotes.


Meeting adjourned at 8:17.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunrise Soccer Club

Board Meeting – 2/12/19

Minutes

 

Meeting came to order at 6:34 pm


In attendance was: Andrew Williams-Manager, Jr. Sanchez-Assistant Manager and Assistant Coaching Coordinator, Jevon Webster-Assistant Referee Coordinator, Aaron Adams-Treasurer, Brittany Johnson-Event Coordinator, David Carpenter-Field and Equipment Manager, Erich Rech-Webmaster, Sarah Carpenter-Registrar and Debbie Carpenter-Secretary, Ian Hernandez-Assistant Field/Equipment Coordinator, and Heather Forrester-Team Parent Coordinator


Andrew passed out some information regarding US Club and how it works and league is looking to possibly move forward to joining US Club for the 2020 soccer season.  More discussion at next board meeting


Andrew brought up that the AGM meeting is on 2/28 and is wanting a couple of board members to go with.  Location and time TBD. At that meeting it will be discussed if Fair Oaks will be going to US Club and if their will be seeding tournaments this year.


Andrew also discussed about doing the San Juan Park U10 fields.  He is meeting with contractors to get a better idea on timeline and sending out letters to see about getting volunteers to help out to keep costs down.  This would be the permanent home for the U10 games moving the U8 games to C Bar C.


Andrew asked Debbie if she spoke to BV Art Department about possibly painting the container at C Bar C.  Reported that she will speak to them this week to see if anyone would be interested.


Heather brought up the trophies vs medallions point.  Discussed the cost of each and how the league would like to continue.  Board agreed that medallions would be more then likely the way to go for the league.


Heather spoke to the photographer – he said that there may be a change in the way he does business with the league.  He was looking to charge a base charge of $15.00 per order to be able to get the free memory mate.  It was also discussed if he could do digital images – he said he could for a charge of $40.00 per cd.  Board discussed maybe paying him a fee in order to keep the free memory mate.


Opening day discussed to get more team volunteers to help with items.  Maybe making it a contest that the team with the most volunteer hours would maybe get a team party paid at the end of the season.  If this didn’t work, then maybe having to charge for the things at Opening Day.


Uniforms will remain the same at Soccer Pro.  A suggestion was made about a second pair of socks being a different color.  Refs stated it was hard when Sunrise played Sunrise in determining which team kicked out the ball because of the same color socks.


Discussed was the issue of teams not being notified of games from home teams.  At the coaches meeting it will be discussed that the home teams need to notify the visiting team during the week of their game.  Have them notify the visiting team of where the game is, time of game and if they are the same color jersey, letting the visiting team know what color they will be wearing at the game.


Discussed was the possibility of having permanent goals for the U8 fields.  David told everyone of the cost and it was determined not to have them done at this time due to cost.


Opening Day date tabled to next board meeting to determine a date of Opening Day to give to the park district until after AGM meeting regarding seeding tournaments.


Andrew told David that he needs to contact John at the Park District to get the container moved from current location and put near the Citrus Heights container at C Bar C park.  David will discuss other possible locations including possibly having it at Tempo Park as to not interfere with Baseball games/practices and parking.


Discussed the Sac Republic tickets – league is now responsible to sell 300 tickets.  Ticket prices will be $15.00 per ticket or 4 tickets for $50.00 – voted on – all in favor – motion passed.  Tickets will be available at each of the registration days.


Discussed making a competition out of selling the tickets - maybe having the team that sold the most be able to walk onto the field with the players before the game.  Brittany checking into that if it is a possibly.


Discussed that the coach’s clinic being focused on a certain age group like the U6 – U10 ages.  But that all coaches would be invited and maybe having the coaches bring a couple of players from their teams to show them the drills that would be taught.


Discussed possibly hosting a goalie clinic.  Item will be looked into.


Brittany getting banners ordered to be able to hang at Tempo Park on the Tennis Courts and maybe at C Bar C.


Discussed with Debbie about contacting the soccer coaches/Athletic Director at Bella Vista to see if any of the current players would like to ref if the club were to put on a ref clinic.  It was reported back that there was some interest in players going to the clinic.


David has contacted Todd Gordon at Sunrise Park and Rec, paperwork arrived. It was reported back that dates be looked at and updated and to also get the letters about the Concussion Protocol and the Background check.  Debbie is working on letters to give to park and rec.


Discussed with Erich about putting a link on the website to be able to purchase Sac Republic Tickets and that the parents could then contact Brittany to get the tickets and that she could keep a total of what was bought for each team to help with the contest.


Brittany brought up an idea to boost facebook in order to reach more people to come join the league.  It was brought to motion – all in favor – motion passed to pay the $200.00 fee for 3 months of the boost.


Discussed was having Sarah send out an email to all of last year’s coaches asking them to contact their players telling to sign up.  Having them make sure when they do sign up that they put down  what team/coach/players they want to play with.  This year teams will be formed on a first come first serve basis and their will be go guarantees that a player will get put on a team if they request it up front.  And then again still no guarantee, because if the team fills up and then a player decides they want to be on the team and there is no room, their request will be denied.


Registration dates are as follows:  3/9, 4/6 and 5/18 all from 12-3 at Mountain Mikes on those Saturdays.  Sarah will contact Mountain Mikes to make sure that we will be allowed to use their facility.


Discussed about setting up next board meeting – It was approved by attendees that it would be held on Tuesday night, March 12th at 6:30 at Godfathers Pizza at the corner of Madison and Dewey.  Erich to post on website.  Debbie to call and reserve.


Meeting adjourned at 8:37 p.m.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunrise Soccer Club

Board Meeting - 1/14/19

Minutes

 

Meeting came to order at 6:39 pm


In attendance was: Andrew Williams-Manager, Jr. Sanchez-Assistant Manager and Assistant Coaching Coordinator, Jevon Webster-Assistant Referee Coordinator, Aaron Adams-Treasurer, Brittany Johnson-Event Coordinator, Laura Smith-Assistant Event Coordinator, David Carpenter-Field and Equipment Manager, Erich Rech-Webmaster, Sarah Carpenter-Registrar and Debbie Carpenter-Secretary


It was discussed if we should stay with ARYSL or go with US Club – looking into options.


Website is up and running – send meeting minutes and any important business to Erich to put on website.


Discussed doing the Sac Republic parade night.  Deposit has been made.  Club will be selling tickets again – price TBD.


Discussed having Heather contact the photographer to see if he is going to be charging a fee if parents only take advantage of the complimentary photo.  Also see if he would see about putting pictures on a disc for parents for a fee and if he would be willing to do a club/group photo to hang in sponsors business.


Discussed with Debbie about contacting the soccer coaches/Athletic Director at Bella Vista to see if any of the current players would like to ref if the club were to put on a ref clinic.  Will report back at next meeting.


Also discussed with Debbie about contacting SJUSD about the field permits for Kingswood, Skycrest and Woodside to be able to use them for practices.  There is a $20.00 permit fee per site which the permits would be good for 6 months – Andrew asked Debbie to get the permits for the upcoming season.


Discussed the equipment budget brought by David for the upcoming season. Andrew agreed budget looked doable.  Asked David to see about getting permanent goals for the U6/U8 fields and prices.  David will look into it and report back at next meeting.


Discussed with David about getting the Parks and Recs field permits for the upcoming season.  David has contacted Todd Gordon at Sunrise Park and Rec, waiting for paperwork to arrive in mail. Will report back at next meeting.


Discussed about setting up next board meeting – It was approved by attendees that it would be held on Tuesday night, February 12th at 6:30 at Mountain Mikes located at Sunrise and Antelope.  Erich to post on website.


Meeting adjourned at 8:00 p.m.